Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dumaguette, Philippines

Dumaguette Philippines


http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g616032-r30267793-Dumaguete_City_Negros_Visayas.html
I started by staying at Phillipinen Dive...its a brand new Dive Resort and I could be the first guest as there wasn't even a menu, and other concrete huts were being constructed even as I speak.
It boasts the best Reef along the coast..and from the photos of the divers they could be right.
[--]
Here I photographed some of the best sunrises I have ever seen. The colors of the sunrise woke me every morning, and I would go out to sit on the sand and take photographs.
I stayed there for 4 days and they took me to Kookoos Nest in a little boat..and the huts right on the waterside won me completely.
I stayed at Kookoos for 3 nights, (cost 1000 pesos in their best hut, and the smaller hut was 450 pesos), and it was marvellous...lying in bed at night listening to the waves and being woken up by the birds. Mai, the cook there, is world class...and the meals were cheap and absolutely amazing. She bakes their own bread and rolls and the curries are wonderful.
Going back was a it of a issue and I would have had to pay 800 pesos for a ride back, but I got a lift with some tourists on the last night.
I stayed a night at Bethel in Dumaguette..and that was 850 pesos but the food was OK in the downstairs restaurant, but further up the road is Annabel's which is run by an Australian and noted to be good company and good food.
I also found a Korean Hotel there..Negros..right at the Manila Airport..and they also run a English School.

One can buy pearls in the Philippines..and they are lustrous and beautiful. The people are ultra friendly and the diving people are really the tops. I had a wonderful stay and am thinking of going back and running a school there next year.
I found the tropical rains really heavy...and was damp for the days I stayed in the bamboo hut...and the cold water bathing means you should take a good shampoo and soap with you...or buy it there...and the reef was beautiful. I was lucky to get the photos of two of the divers. I snorkelled and that is amazing too.
I can recommend the Philippines for a holiday..and if you dive and snorkel, it is the place to go.
I also learnt there are ferry services from Dumaguette to the other islands...and next time that is what I will do...go exploring the islands around.
Great place..

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Maggi

No comments:

Post a Comment